Click Here for EthioPolitics NEWS



New! EthioPolitics presents "ARTIST OF THE DAY"
where we feature artists from all over the world who have
contributed significantly to the world of music.


Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Mr. Obang O. Metho

Mr. Metho, Star of today’s congressional hearings on Ethiopia stole the show with his memorable speech which was truly one for the history books. Mr. Metho is the Director of International Advocacy, Anuak Justice Council (AJC)

The following is an excerpt from his speech:

"But, I am not only here today for the Anuak. I am here for the Tigrayans who disagree with their own government. I am here for the Oromo, the Somali, the Afar and for any in other ethnic groups throughout Ethiopia who have been oppressed. I am here for the Ethiopian woman whose son or daughter was shot dead on the streets of Addis Ababa after the national elections. I am here for the CUD leaders and young student protesters who have been taken away from their families and put in prisons and detainment centers. I am here for those courageous prisoners of conscience, languishing in prisons throughout Ethiopia."

To read the complete transcript of Mr. Metho’s testimony click here